Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cosplay at the train station

So, this rugby thing is happening in New Zealand right now. I think it's called the 'Rugby Sevens', or something. I'm not a rugby connoisseur.

I knew this was coming. What I didn't know was coming was the cosplay.

I got plenty of pics on my iPhone (so they all look terrible), and I'll share my favourites with you here.


#6 - Sunflowers

There are a lot of jokes to go with this one. "Where's the zombies?" being the most obvious. But the first thing I thought was "Oh awesome, I'm going to get a shitload of sun with these guys". I guess that's the kind of person I am, and I'm not sure whether it's a good thing or a bad thing.


#5 - Euclid Class




GAH! What the fuck is that? That's not a goddamn costume, that belongs in an SCP containment facility.


#4 - Gangs of NZ


I'm not sure why I like this one so much. You've got guys in monkey masks with blue checkered shirts being followed by three or so guys (you can't see the others very well) in black wearing what Wikipedia call 'Conical Asian Hats', which I think is a very apt description.

I have a bunch of pictures involving these two groups, and I swear the Monkeys have been giving the Hats shit all the way to the train station, and the Hats have had enough. I mean, the guy looks like he's about to break into a run, right?

I'm not sure how it panned out in the end, but I was halfway down the stairs into the subway to the trains when I heard a scream, and someone yelled "forget him, he's lost!".

#3 - Firefoxes?


I consider myself extremely fortuitous to get this shot. The only way that shot could have possibly been any better is if they were holding hands and walking very close, almost intimately, and...

Sorry, drifted off for a second. Where was... right, yes. Blog.


#2 - Photoblocker


So, there were these girls dressed in what I originally thought were recolours of the Courtesan outfit from Assassin's Creed II. It was close enough, and I wasn't going to let an opportunity like this get away.

But this little bastard had to intervene.

He looked at me and deliberately stepped in front of my shot. He didn't do it by accident, he wanted to wreck my shot of the Courtesan cosplayers. (I'm sure that's not what they were trying to be, but at a distance it looked like it, alright?)

And he succeeded. I'm not sure what was more annoying - the fact that he went all vigilante and blocked my shot of the women dressed up, or that he went to one of them and alerted them to my presence, which I think was a bit much. I mean, it's not like I was just hunting for scantily dressed ladies at night, alone - it was late afternoon in a ridiculously public place. And lets not forget, if you go in costume you want to be noticed.

But don't worry, kid!


#1 - SUCCESS


I got them in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment